February 1, 2011

~My First Ice Hockey Game~

YES, I DID SAY ICE HOCKEY!!! Here is Ridge and me before the game.


Here is me all suited up. With all that equipment, it sure is hard to get hurt. It takes 30-45 minutes to get it all on and then you have to go out there and skate for a while to get used to it and the ice! Wheewww!


My GAME FACE....Well, I can make a better one but I was looking at something when she took the pic!


I was actually super scared to play at first but it is SO much fun! I NEVER dreamed I would like anything like it! Which brings me to the question in your mind,"WHY in the world would you ever play ice hockey?" I have been watching Matthew play for a little over a year now but he is good. Then we started talking about "Sticks and Pucks" which is an instructional league. You really want to jump out there with those big guys but it is so important you learn the rules, learn how to skate and handle the puck. So, I tried "Sticks and Pucks" and absolutely love it. My 3rd time to be on the ice, we had a game. Matthew had bought me all new equipment that actually fit me and I was ready to go. It was a blast!



This is where I got knocked down while trying to get up from being knocked down.


There is me in the front with the red jersey on.


There is me again waiting to go back out.


There is my handsome hubby who coached our team that night. That was super special having him coach. He is the one that has taught me what I know in a very short period of time!


AND....Here is me scoring a goal........................For the WRONG team! Oh well, at least I made a goal. I did get an assist though FOR OUR OWN TEAM. lol Life is too short to not have some fun! (with lots of cushion I might add)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you go! I can't even manage to stay vertical while on ice skates, so I'm impressed. ;-) I stumbled upon your blog today, beautiful pictures & I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Ashley LaRue did the blog header and designed the blog. I have a ton of photos to catch up on. As for hockey, it is a blast. I was very careful when I iceskated without pads. When I put those pads on, my husband literally knocked me over a few times and that was it, I knew I couldn't get hurt. I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for stubmling upon my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete